1/15/14

Love & Monsters


I didn't make any New Year resolutions for 2014.
Not for any profound reasons or anything. Honestly, on New Years Eve I was really tired and though the thought of making resolutions crossed my mind, taking a nap before I had to wake up and ring in the new year won out in the end. 

#oldladystatus


It was actually really refreshing to wake up on the first of January not feeling pressured to start my year out perfectly.
However, since then I have been compiling a mental list of the things I would like to work harder at this year, because like most of the world, I am motivated by the feeling of a fresh start that January brings.

This is the first time that I've actually written down these goals.


Read 25 books I've never read before in 2014.
When I first made this goal I began to feel discouraged because people all over tumblr and pinterest were pledging to read twice or three times as many.
But for me, 25 books is realistic. And if I surpass that, well, awesome!
{I'm working on my actual list now, but I'll save that for another post}

Read the bible in a year.
I actually began this one on time ;)
My family is using the Daily Audio Bible recorded by Brian Harding to go through the entire bible in a year, and we've promised that if one of us misses a day of listening all together we will catch up on our own. So far, so good.

If you've never checked out the Daily Audio Bible you should.
Here's a link.

Go for more walks and runs.
I'm not even trying to do a schedule for this one. And honestly, I totally haven't started it yet because it's either been raining or really cold. Right now it is neither... and I still haven't started it. Oh well.
In the last year I did walk and run a lot more though, and I found it was not only just a way to be active, but it was also a really great stress reliever.

Journal more.
hence the photo at the top of this post.
I really really really love stylized journaling. It makes me feel so happy and artistic.

Create goals for my photography.
Yes. I made a goal to create goals.
Don't judge.



For real though, this year is going to be super different for me.
 I graduate high school, and have to decide what to do next.
I'm looking at taking Photographic Technology classes at my community college. But, if I learned one thing in 2013 it was that things hardly ever go according to plan. 
The thing I want the most in 2014 is to find out what God's will for my life is, but I am aware that even that probably won't go like I plan ;)
I not only want to find out what God's will is, but I want him to give me the grace to accept his plan for me.
That's hard.
But I'm trying to let go, and I'm trying to trust God.



"When you're a kid, they tell you it's all... grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better."
-Doctor Who (Love and Monsters)

4 comments:

  1. Doctor Who quotes for the win. *smile*

    I love your goals, dear. We share some of the same ones (read books I haven't read yet, run/walk, journal). I can't really think of any books right now...although I have a huge list of books to read on Goodreads. So many books, so little time...especially when I decide to read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Les Miserables at the same time...*facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! Great minds think alike ;)
    And my goodness. Les Mis & Sherlock at the same time?! That is quite the undertaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanking God for a daughter with her head both square on her shoulders and in the clouds. Yeah. Balance. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete