11/6/13

November and Fasts

"It was November- the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines. Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in park and, as she said, let that great sweeping wind blog the fogs out of her soul." 
-Anne of The Island




It's November.
That in and of itself is completely shocking. It feels like it should still be the beginning of 2013. 
I'm not really ready for this year to come to a close. It's been perfectly lovely despite all of it's faults.

Starting tomorrow, I am beginning a 40 day fast with my bible study group.
I chose to fast from the internet (namely, Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram and Blogging). The fast will end on December 17th.

The goal of this is to fast from anything you're putting before God in your life, and social media is definitely one of them for me.
I'd appreciate prayers through these 40 days.

Much love, and I'll talk to you all soon, much closer to Christmastime than it is now :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope your fast goes well! I'll miss your posts, but I look forward to still keeping in touch through letters. (what would we do without snail mail?)
    Oh, and that Anne quote? Perfect. She always does manage to say what I was thinking. *smile*

    Love,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete