5/21/13

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

 "Let us go then, you and I,
when the evening is spread out against the sky,
like a patient etherized on a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreat of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels, and sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument of insidious intent to lead you to an overwhelming question...
Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?'
Let us go and make our visit."
-T.S Elliot
taken from 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock' 







As you may know, last week I served as a page in the NC House of Representatives. It was amazing. What an honor! I'll be posting about it on my other blog "Unalienable Liberty"

Since I got home last Friday evening, it's been raining. Rather consistently.
In between raindrops I popped outside to take a few pictures.
It's been a busy but wonderful month, and it's hard to believe that May is nearing it's end. June is going to be fun/busy as well. The bad news is that I have to take the SAT on June 1st, the good news is that I'll be spending the rest of the Saturdays in June helping out at a local coffee shop.
How fun!

Well I hope that you've all had a wonderful week,
and also, what do you think of the T.S Eliot poem?
Eliot's work is sort of sad, but it's beautiful as well.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read all about your time as a page!
    Good luck on SATs! I am so glad that I am done with them. *smile*
    Gorgeous photos, dear! I especially like the one of the rose.

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete